Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First personal post

This is a new blog for my Newpaper Reporting class. I will be writing three blogs a week: one personal, one assigned news story, and one ECU story. I'm guessing they don't have to be very long.

To start things off, my friend Jun and I went to Norman yesterday because we weren't completely broke for once in a few months. Yay for disbursement! At the end of the night we realized how stereotypically hipster we are. Our night out consisted of sushi, hookah, and tea and baked goods at a coffee shop across the street from the hookah bar. I had an amazing homemade bagel and a rather strong chai latte.

At the hookah bar we smoked two varieties over the course of a couple of hours. Fun fact: the coconut tobacco doesn't really taste like coconut. The owner, Moe, performed magic tricks for us and taught us how to do them. He also taught us how to blow smoke rings, which was fun because I've been wanting to learn since we've started our occasional hookah smokings. I'm really afraid that I'm going to ruin my lungs when Ada's hookah bar is up and running.

Also found out that my best friend is lying about stuff to his three closest friends (me, Dakota, and Travis) but not his casual friends. Buh? That soured my mood a little, but I was in a much better mood by the time we left. Still not happy about it, though. Of course we would never judge him or think badly of him; we've been friends since the sixth grade. So why lie about it to us? I wanted to be spiteful but I'm starting not to see the point of spite. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment